Thursday, September 8, 2011

Something New

August 20, 2011

Just for the fun of it, I’m starting a blog. I can’t guarantee how long it will last or whether it will be regularly updated, but hey, why not? I want to devise a series of goals for myself – daily goals, weekly goals, monthly goals…I’ve decided it’s good to have goals. Maybe I’m not carpe diem enough, but it’s nice to have something to accomplish, even if it’s small. Also, goals make time go faster (or, at least, my “to do list” every day with school work and errands always made my days seem horribly short), and as much as I love Boston and I’m looking forward to spending a entire year straight through here, I’m also getting a bit impatient for my adventure to England (at which time I’ll probably start a new stranger in a strange land-esque blog and tell you all the crazy things that happens to an American when she gets it in her head that she should live in the land of her red-headed brethren), so why not set myself some goals to make the time go by faster?

These goals might be weighty or flighty – from cooking something new to writing a certain number of words in a story to actually going to the gym to remembering to carry around change in my pocket to give to beggars, whether they are actually in need or not. Oh, and also trying as many of the little places in Quincy Market as possible. That one’s essential.

I’ll start soon, once I get settled and make myself my first list of goals. Then we’ll see how this pans out.

Bon voyage!

No comments:

Post a Comment